1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stupid things done on Fridays

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roscioli, Aug 17, 2001.

1. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know if this thread has been done or not, but I haven't ever seen it. What kinds of stupid things to you guys do at the end of the week? Friday is the last day of the week for me, and I am burned out physically and MENTALLY. Today, I backed up 10 feet on a bumpy paved road with my gate down.. Last Friday I mowed the last lawn, put the mower in the trailer, straped it down, got the blower out, blew the drive, looked, and said, "HEY, that half of the lawn looks pretty long still!" I completely missed 1/2 of this guys FRONT lawn. We all know Calvin's mistake :), how about the rest of you guys?
  2. stone- i hope that was a joke :eek: speaking of friday afternoons though- how many of you guys have food waiting for crews when they get back? a friend of mine has the idea of having bbq's on friday afternoons for crew members. any of you guys do that?
  3. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

nah, end of the week they just want to go home. so do i.:)
  4. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Same here, they all just want to start their week-end, the earlier the better!!!
  5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

a tradition that on Friday's after work we hang out at the shop and BBQ and drink a few cases of beer.

Its good for morale, gives the guys a happy place to come back to Monday.
  6. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Guido, I'm coming for the beer ok? Maybe I'll bring the BBQ!
  7. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Cannot bring myself to do the standard daily maintenance on my equipemnt- always do it on Sat. morning.
  8. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I want to work for you :)