Stupid things employees have done

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Earth, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Green Earth

Green Earth LawnSite Member

In my first years of business I had one guy do some of the stupidest things I have ever seen. He ran the mower up on the trailer with deck down with the blades running ! Made one of the awfullest noises I ever heard, killed the engine instantly ! :angry: Only thing it did to the mower was it took a hunk out of one of the blades. Then one day we were mowing a customers lawn down by his house and he disappeared so I went down to his house to find him. There in the driveway was one of my riders with the throttle running wide open and he was no where to be found ! :angry: Said he had to go to the bathroom. I said you could have shut the mower off ! And the final thing he did was, he put one of my weed eaters in the rack on the trailer and never put the pins in it ! I went around a corner and of course it took quite a few tumbles on the road and busted the cover all up on it. It was one of my high dollar Echos. :angry: That was it, three strikes and your out ! The funny thing was he was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet and he showed up every day on time.

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Most people could care less about equipment they don't pay for. :realmad:

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I knew there was a reason I like being solo. :D

4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I fired someone for smoking weed on the job. He later beat me to the ground. Now he's in jail.

5. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Sounds like a good story , please do tell more.........

6. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

not much more to say, he's where he belongs now :)

7. Green Earth

Green Earth LawnSite Member

Wow that must have been some pretty good weed ! :dizzy:

8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

LOL
    just the opposite.
    if it were good weed, he would have not wanted to fight. he would have just eaten all the potato chips in the truck.

9. jeffh1988

jeffh1988 LawnSite Member
    from MS

I am only sixteen but i have a guy who helps me on bigger accounts and one day we were finishing up and he took the stick edger in to the guys backyard and came back with a waterhose he split into 3 peices with the stick edger.

10. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: