stupid trees

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Tomwilllight

Tomwilllight LawnSite Senior Member

James,

I got your reply with the first posting. Thank you.

I have examined and tested Arrow T59 staples and my conclusion remains the same. I believe there are much more 'tree friendly" and secure ways to attach wire to a living surface. I've detailed the method and materials I use and recommend in this and other forums.

Tom

2. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

A couple pics.

canopy_embed-350.jpg

IMG_4649-200.jpg

3. Tomwilllight

Tomwilllight LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you Billy for your generous offer to share the heat with me. It's really the hot and DRY I miss. We've had 17 inches in July; double the normal. It rained every other day or we'd have 2 days of rain and one clear.

I lived in Georgia until I was 32 and have been content to visit family and friends Thanksgiving and Christmas since. It's nice to get out of the cold in November and December.

Tom

4. emby

emby LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Hey Steve,
    What is that embedded in the tree?

Ken

5. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Back to slack for moment,

I seems to me that the slack at the trunk is mostly for us, for servicing: adjusting, replacing cable/fixtures, fixing squirrel damage. Does anyone mount some slack up and behind the tree close to the fixture to allow diameter growth? I am thinking of a loop at a zip tie or in a junction box?

I agree with James about selection of mature trees as good advice when it is an option, as well as Billy's point to keep after all tree lights with annual service.

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I form an oversize drip loop at the fixture in order to accomodate any upper level tree growth or repositioning of the fixture after some time.

7. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

A tree light canopy!