stupid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by keifer, May 15, 2002.

1. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I have always read the storys you guys have and said i never have those problems. Well this week i got zaped by two of them. I was mowing a slope and it just did not look good so i got to looking and my stupid a_s had one of the blades upside down. Then as i was mowing one of my lawns i seen a flyer on the door most yards 35 dollars call joe blow. Man when it rains it pours.

2. It's been quite a few years since I put a blade on upside down. But I would never admit it anyways.:D

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I've gotta admit, I put one on upside down the other night. It was late and I was in the process of tightening it down when I noticed it. Does that count? I blamed it on the lighting in my garage!

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

thas not stupid ,thas human. did it for the first time in years ,a couple o weeks ago.

5. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have not ever put one on upside down but have wondered what it would do.

6. swn

swn LawnSite Member

I haven't put one upside down, but twice I was changing blades and put the ones I took off right back on! Sure felt stupid picking up the sharp ones to put back in the truck.

7. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

We had a thread about this here a couple years ago (or maybe it was last year...), and I walked away after reading it reminding myself to be extra careful and never put 'em on upside-down.

Two weeks later I did it. :rolleyes:

Hey, it happens! :D

8. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

Have you ever gotten the blades mixed up? I was changing blades out and wound up putting the blades for my 48" on my 36". Couldn't figure out why there was this little line of grass I was missing every swipe. Wound up double cutting that yard. Now I mark which blades go with each mower.

9. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

ive put them on backwards on my walker a few times...for those who dont know the waker has left and right side blades because of the center shute for catching grass. but never upside down. I did have a lady hire me once because her mower has doing a good job. I looked at it and sure enough the blade was upside down..I ask her when she last changed her blade...it was 2 or 3 years before she said....I fixed it for her, even sharpened her blade for her (she was really goodlooking) and she hired me anyways, said she like the way the DC made her lawn look, but I know she just liked the way I looked lol.

10. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I had a guy tell me that he turns his blades updide down to mulch Gumballs. This is on a Dixie Chopper. He said it keeps the Gumballs from bouncing around under the deck. I might give it a try next fall.