stupied side shutes!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by petroskie, Aug 9, 2010.

1. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

so my husky rider mower is a model 2348 and it mowes very very well, but i have trouble if its even slightly wet the grass gets stuck and makes a mess, ive been tgold that some side discharge mowers have a seperate little motor that pushes or sucks the grass up to the bags, any body heard of this? i dont even know what youd call it

2. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

yup, but thats for commercial mowers. You will never get the performance you need out of that rider.

3. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

yep as punt said, for commercial mowers.

commercial sit down ztr's have a blower that is run off of the pully system from your deck blades that blows the grass/debris up the tubes into the bags.

i didn't look up the model for the mower you said you are using but i'm gonna guess by what punt said your using a residential grade mower. if your doing commercial work that is a BIG mistake......

4. petroskie

yes im using a res for commercial, but i do more smaller house lawns since i do the field mowing and this is year 2 with it and 0 issues and, should look it up its a nice mower but no zero turn of course, so im probly sol, but thanks for the quick lesson on how that system works

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

there is a gas powered unit as well. Its a mini version of a leaf loader. You could probably make that work but its not worth the effort with your mower.

6. petroskie

you have a link for this gas powered deal, i dont see my self getting a newer mower for a year or two

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

not to hijack the thread but it doesn't matter what you do with a residential unit commercially.

if your doing commercial work you should be using commercial equipment. residential equipment is ment to be used once a week for maybe an hour or 2. commercial equipment is ment to be used day in day out all day long.

if your mowing more than one yard a week with this unit you need to trash it and get a commercial unit.

8. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

the only thing stupid is the way you spelled "stupied"......sorry couldnt resist.... and chutes.....

9. petroskie

ya like i said its in the plan im saving up for some leaf clean up equipment and the trailer i just bought ate into the budget, it makes a real clean cut and moves quick, just the grass catcher. for bigger yards i bungie the discharge back and it sprays the grass around nicely

10. petroskie

yes thank you, it tough to focus on spelling when you have a 2 yearold trying to help type, i have to race her on the keys