Lawn Care Forum banner

StuveXT

78K views 285 replies 47 participants last post by  stuvecorp 
#1 ·
I got some pictures of the shop. We started back in 01 and are still working on finishing the inside. We set the steel and did some of the framing but hired guys to roof and side it. Someday it will be all nice and clean but with two other brothers and Dad, it is impossible to keep clean. Maybe when I build my own shop.

Sky Building Window Blue House

Sky Building Window Tire Wheel

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice shop Stuve! I'm getting all jealous over here :drinkup:

#7 ·
The building is 40x96 but has an 8' lean on the front except for where the two overhead doors are. You can drive all the way from west to east as there is a 10'x9' door going out to the east. The big door is 12'x14' so big stuff can get in also.

I went to school for architectural drafting, for a while I wanted to be an architect but that went out the window fast. I worked at a pole building company after school for awhile and when we were slow I would draw up different shop designs.

#17 ·
Thanks guys. The kitchen is actually Ikea cabinets, priced out some regular cabinets from Menards and the Ikea ones were less. It was like Christmas putting them together. My brother is real good with them, we modified some to work in the space. We did the concrete counter tops our self and it was kinda fun, really messy but ground them down in the wash bay. Getting them up was a challenge, my next shop will be on the ground level. I'm getting close, need some wiring and tile finishing and then some railings and it could be good enough for move in. We have in floor heat and then radiant registers for the loft.

#22 ·
I think last year was like a tank and a half? We filled up this summer when it was cheap and prepaid for some also, will have to check how much is still in the tank. We keep the shop 42-45 and the loft is set lower right now about 50 and then kick it up if we are working out there.

#24 ·
It is a 1000 gallon tank. The whole building has a layer of 1" celotex type insulation that is taped on both sides so it is kind of insulated and then 6" of batt insulation everywhere else except whats left to do in the ceiling. Have 1" under the slab also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.