StuveXT

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by stuvecorp, Dec 16, 2009.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

yeah that will make a huge difference in the heating. Just out of curiosity what does it run ballpark to heat a building like like per month?

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I think last year was like a tank and a half? We filled up this summer when it was cheap and prepaid for some also, will have to check how much is still in the tank. We keep the shop 42-45 and the loft is set lower right now about 50 and then kick it up if we are working out there.

3. P.Services

what?!?! our tank is 800 to fill so your saying 1,200 a winter? that doesnt sound like much? do you have a bigger tank?

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

It is a 1000 gallon tank. The whole building has a layer of 1" celotex type insulation that is taped on both sides so it is kind of insulated and then 6" of batt insulation everywhere else except whats left to do in the ceiling. Have 1" under the slab also.

5. P.Services

ohhhh ours is 250 that explains it!!

thats why i will be buying a wood burner soon!!

6. mudmaker

mudmaker LawnSite Member

That is a nice setup! I had radiant floor heat in my last house and garage. Loved it!!

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I like the steel trusses it gives you a nice vaulted ceiling lots of clerance if you needed to lift the boom up on a machine or even tilt up a dump box.

The problem with a shop that size it sort of collects things and before you know it the shop is full you need to build another one :laugh:

8. 5.0

5.0 LawnSite Member

Very nice! Forget the kitchen, post up pics of the tool room :drinkup:

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Damn nice, that's what I want!

10. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

If I had that, I would never ever ever be up at the main house. "That" is every man's dream........a beautiful shop indeed!