Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by stuvecorp, Dec 16, 2009.

1. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

Oh, don't even get me started Junior.
    The money she spends on the freakin things she should be riding them to work.:laugh::hammerhead:
  2. WillieWonka1850

WillieWonka1850 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice shop, Stu! :cool2:
  3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank god I didnt buy a horse when i wanted to, I'd have even less money than I do now.

So I just ride and take care of other peoples horses, same enjoyment, less money.. :cool2:
  4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Have been going out when I get the chance to collect some fieldstone and it hit me just like the Windows 7 commecial, there is all this sod/dirt on the edge of the field why not scrape it off and pile it up to be screened? Scraped a bunch in to piles to haul off but I think my one track on the Case/VTS is messed up but the Mustang saved the day. Managed to haul in 20 loads and I think there is 10-12 to go and I'm only half way down the fence row on one side.

41110 004.jpg

41110 005.jpg

41110 002.jpg

41110 003.jpg
  5. stuvecorp

Here is pictures of a paver walkway we did and finished last week. Mixed existing pavers and new ones together. Had to do everything by hand as the poles were in and no way to get a machine in. I really would like a mini-mini excavator for jobs like this to do the digging.

northshore 002.jpg

northshore 004.jpg
  6. Scaping 4 Life

Scaping 4 Life LawnSite Member

nice shop, when can I move in?
  7. Barge Man

Barge Man LawnSite Senior Member

That's a great idea of taking the top dirt from the edge of the field, what kind of screen do you have?
  8. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I'm impressed by your organization and work.

Good idea on the dirt. I recently started composting shreds and chips that I haul home. Just a small amount for my own use but the compost has promise to be used as a high dollar soil amendment. Your dirt already looks like mine. Compost the grass in it and get more per $$$.
  9. stuvecorp

I rent a Thomas screener for now, it isn't the greatest but it's cheap until I can get one. I would love a screener but someday down the road.

My good ideas sometimes balance the bad ideas, just would be nice if the good would be more, right?:)

We fortunately have space and have always saved 'junk' dirt and turned it in to good stuff. Now if I can sell it five yards at a time I will be very happy.
  10. stuvecorp

Thanks, how much rent can you afford?:):laugh: