StuveXT

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by stuvecorp, Dec 16, 2009.

1. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

nice turfmaker, i bet it gets a little weird when the nurse tank is empty and your fillling the last load in the hydroseeder.

2. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some pics of large rocks with some flat peices and caps to give it that better apperance than just boulders. Once again, everyone's perspective is different and so are local stones.

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_6792.jpg

IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

3. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

how many gallons is that hydroseeder and how many sq. ft. can you do off a tank? i was looking into a 1,000 gall. unit

4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Those are some really nice rock walls!

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Those rock walls are nice but to me the little rocks detract, I know you need to 'chink' the rocks or fill the space.

The Turfmaker is a 550 gallon and I usually get 3000-3500 square feet per tank load how we spray. I would love to have a bigger setup, down the road.

One thing with the Ford 550, it sits level and when it gets loaded it squats down so it needs something to help that.

6. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I know what you mean about using little rocks. Building rock wall is fun to do but can be a complete pain in the rear trying to find the perfect rock. Sometimes you just have to put a small rock in or else have a 12" hole in the wall.

Just one pic on one I did

[​IMG]

7. Scaping 4 Life

Scaping 4 Life LawnSite Member

Building rock walls with efficiency and speed is an art form.

You need a grapple and you will enjoy the task even more, Ive set many 4' and under with bobcat and forks however, to each their own.

8. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

It's amazing the difference in rocks by region. We have round rocks but most are jagged from blasting basalt mountain sides. A grapple is a must. I now know why Stuve wants one so bad. The last wall I did I was about to tear my hair out. Ridiculous. Good thing it was being built more for use rather than looks. It would have taken longer if we had to make the front perfect and such. I think with round rocks it's hard to not have little rocks filling in holes. Maybe not; but with our jagged rocks we can fit them in like puzzles.

9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

not to mention that angular rocks will make for a better hold, just like its a no-no using river wash as base material, although the round rocks do make for better aesthetics.

10. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta love what we call armour stone around here. Pretty flat rocks, and easy to cut if need be.

Attached Files: