StuveXT

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by stuvecorp, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Man I'd love to have rocks like that!!

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

$3000, plus freight il send a tractor trailer load down to ya!

3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That looks good, you don't have that many small rocks.

Coopers, you're right it is a puzzle and the cool thing is we all see a different wall out of the same rocks. Yeah, once you have a grapple you can place them much better. It's hard even with the thumb you need to tilt or rotate a little to get the rock sitting just right. My big thing is to get the rock as close as possible but also leave planting pockets.

Are those natural rocks? Would be fun to have rock like that.

4. Dirtman2007

LOL I'm good. The only reason I built that wall was because I dug up more rocks then I had holes to put them in!

I built that wall using the Volvo as well. There was one guy around here that built a bunch of rock wall at a golf course. All the rocks were just blasted rocks and no two the same. I swear the guy was an artist, he did not use hardly any filler rocks in the 1000's or feet of walls he did.

5. stuvecorp

Haven't had any good pictures as it's been boring stuff but here is some pictures from the latest project. It was a disaster in the beginning, the house was backfilled all the way to the footing with black dirt but at least they don't have to buy black dirt. They had a real steep and narrow steps up to the house, the grading was really goofy. Just have some grading around the garage and a couple tanks of hydroseed to go.

DSC02618.jpg

DSC02621.jpg

DSC02622.jpg

6. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

How's the excavator? Any work for it or has it been sitting?

7. stuvecorp

It's been out some, not near as much as I hoped. It was out on this project, was a picture of it in the 'Towing Setup' thread. All the additions I had bid never happened which was too bad but I think there might be some work coming up for it. I need to get a trenching bucket and a big clean up bucket.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Looks very nice.

9. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice Stuve!

10. Dirtman2007

That is a really nice wall! I've never seen the square blocks like that.