sub conctracting witrh Tru green land care

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JKOOPERS, Apr 28, 2007.

1. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

Got a call from these guys yesterday talking about they need subs in and around my area. has anyone else dealt with them before on something like this.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We used them for fertilizing etc and they in turn would send work our way but we wasn't sub to them. Their prices are pretty low in our area so probably not much margin to work with.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't know if I would be a sub for them or not. They are supposedly getting bought out in June or July. I heard something about a big shake up with Service Master. I know they have alot of debt adn we are talking billions. Just something to think about. But then again it may be a good deal.

4. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

there fertilizing program is NOT mower friendly. They make it grow grow grow instead of a sustaining green with fair growth. I would look into the work they may have for you though. Tru-Green started mowing huge commercial properties in our area last year.

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

see thats just the thing they want to take care of everything on the properties. which i thought was kinda weird. they said they dont work outside of a certain radius.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You need to talk to Lesco about that problem.....Lesco Trim maybe?

7. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

One of our costumers said they were out 3 times in one month:hammerhead: I had to charge her a doulbe cut I told her to tell them stop sparying on the fert.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

its the opposite here. any prop serviced by their turf care program promply dies from neglect -not enough fert-bugs weeds etc

9. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

I am not much on tru green.... they offered me a job after I got out of college but I am pretty sure I could make more money and work less being on Welfare (Guess that is how they keep their prices low). Literally... it was nothing, and they wanted you to work long hours.... That is why I went into business for myself.

10. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

used to work for them and i won't have anything to do with them.

and that's all i'm allowed to say, according to my contract. :p