1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sub-Contracting Pesticide Application

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Genesis, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Genesis

Genesis LawnSite Member

I'm just branching into commercial properties and stymied about the best way to approach pesiticide application whem I'm not licensed. Any advice out there? Thank you!
  2. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

just call companies in the phone book. find one that does only spray/fert.

the second one i called i hooked up with and they are used to this, they have a price sheet of what i charge and what i pay(less) .. plus they give me quite a few mowing accounts.

best part is even though they are a large company, they are way below the industry average prices... so i have found i can inflate thier prices alot and still sell as many apps.
  3. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i teamed up with a guy to take care of mine. i dont sub-contract, i simply give my customers his info. if there is one thing ive l learned, its that people arent very happy with their fert guys and are constantly switching as soon as they see a weed or crab grass. i assume stay clear of it unless i want to complaints.
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We subcontract for several mowing companies around here. It works great for all. Some of the mowing companies also buy the "dry products" from us (cheaper) and spread it themselves. All you need is a spreader - no fancy spray rigs/fill bays/bulk tanks, etc. Best of luck, american