Sub-contracting question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TigerPops, Oct 1, 2012.

1. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

5 percent off the top or 25 percent of the margin
    Posted via Mobile Device

JRJFENCE LawnSite Member

TigerPop, where in NJ are you? If you guys don't have a contractor for the fence PM me and we could work something out.
  3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

1% to 5% is what I have done in the past and seen around. If you full out sold the job and handed it to your buddy with just a list of what needs to be done you could get 10%
  4. TigerPops

TigerPops LawnSite Member

Pretty much I arranged the meeting, I was there when we all talked and discussed what needed to be done I wouldnt say I sold the job myself so I would be fine taking around 2.5 % and just giving him the job.
  5. TigerPops

You don't think 5% is too much?

2.5 % off the top is what I was gonna throw his way. but this is my first time thats why I'm here lol
  6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

You won't be tilling ivey I can promise you that, been there done that, bobcat with a harley rake.
  7. TigerPops

Plan is to spray it down like a day or two before, but idk yet if I leave the job to him and take the commission its out of my hands.. but he said he dealt with a property alot worse than this so I know he will figure something out if that dont work.
  8. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

I guess I am worth more than you.:laugh:

P.S. FWIW in the future work this out ahead of time. He may be thinking he just owes you a favor or he may be thinking he should give you 10%. Without working this out in advance one of you will almost always be disappointed. Since it is his contract...he probably won't be the one disappointed.
  9. TigerPops

Well we still have some time , the guy is most likely going to get 2 more estimates so nothing is set in stone, I will be having a talk with my buddy sometime this week. I wouldnt mind taking 2.5%, you might be in a different situation so I could understand if you want more.

We will see when I sit down with him

but thanks for the feedback