Sub contracting questions...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Larson Lawn Care, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

For this spring, I will be: mowing, trimming shrubs, installing mulch, and doing clean-ups. I am going to pass out at least 10k flyers, and send out at least 10,000 postcards. I am thinking about offering other services through sub contracting. I'm not sure if I should say that I offer other services(fertilizing, aerating, dethatching, tree work, landscaping...etc.) on my advertising. I don't want anyone to read my flyer, or post card, and them say "If they did more than just mowing, bush trimming, mulch, and clean-ups, I'd hire them" I know that most people want someone that can do it all, it saves them a hassle of making phone calls to find other people. So, what do you guys think I should do??? I have other companies lined up to provide these other services, but I just don't know how to tell the people that read the advertising.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

just put other services available upon request of something like that

3. Larson Lawn Care

Then tell them that I subcontract the work out???

4. KrayzKajun

thats how i do it. i tell them that if i cant do the service i have a equal quality company thats provides that service

5. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Add to your Flyer/Postcard Servicing all your landscaping and lawn care needs. We handle it all.

6. Larson Lawn Care

Do you sub the work out, if so, do you tell them that you are subcontracting the work, or do you just refer the other company???

7. KrayzKajun

i let them know i am subcontracting the work. That way they are still only dealing with one company