1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sub contracting!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Larson Lawn Care, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have considered sub contracting a few things out(fert., tree work, and a few other things) until I can take on these services. Do any of you sub contract anything out?
    -what steps do you take? I have friends in the fertilizing business, and in the tree business. How do I set up sub contracting??? If you can provide step by step, that would be most helpful!
  2. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Have them fill out a W-6 form, provide a certificate of worker's comp coverage or non-coverage, and keep up with what you paid them and 1099 them at the end of the year. I also feel out a sub-contractors work order that explains what I want done, at what property, and what the agreed price is and fax or e-mail them a copy and keep one in the job folder for every job subbed out. I usually sub out tree transplanting, most major backhoe work, and all lot clearing.
  3. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Where do I get a W-6 form, and a certificate of worker's comp coverage/non?