sub contracting

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FYS777, Jan 28, 2009.

1. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

What do I need to know about sub contracting out lawn maint, anything will help, thanks.:waving:

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Um make sure its someone you can trust...

3. FYS777

yes just switch hands, hahaha, or look in the mirror while holding in right hand :) about the football , o wait that wont work

4. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

You're subbing the work, and money but not the liability.

5. FYS777

Tell me more, How would you set that up??

6. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

make sure they have general liability insurance. In Nebraska that's all you need.

7. Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape

Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Member

in Idaho you must have an occupational license that meens you are fully insured with either an fin or ein... depends on what your trying to sub?

8. FYS777

I would ask and make sure they had business license, insurance, and workers that are legal, for maint. in oregon all you need is a state buis. license, insurance is to cover yourself and clients, not required. Do you guys have any contract forms you might rec amend. or maybe where one would start looking. thanks a bunch this all helps

9. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have any contracts with the guys, they're all people I have known for a while and trust. I ask for proof of their general liability insurance, and if they have workers (some don't) then I ask for proof of workmans comp. It is required for our taxes so it isn't as though I don't trust them, it covers mine and their butts.

10. FYS777

thanks, in these days you can't cover your back side enough, these wont be places that people live in so thats a plus, and taking care of them until they sell, it may cover east half of state, gives you all a little more insight on what i am talking about,