1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by mcoots, Dec 16, 2000.

1. mcoots

mcoots LawnSite Member

I am interested in sub-contractig to plow snow in Northern Ohio or Southern MI.
  2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Look in the phone book for larger snow removal contractors in your area and give them a call. Also go to the SIMA web site and look for contractors in your area, that should be available on the fre side of the site.
  3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

what is the average going rate for be a sub plowing with a standard pick up? I am got offerd 60per hour for next winter.. is that about right?
  4. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Rates are very subjective, and geographic in nature. Ask other people that sub and see what they are getting. But 60 an hour does seem resonable.
  5. HandyHaver

HandyHaver LawnSite Member

55 to 65 is the going rate for the area using your own truck & ins.
  6. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

I'm getting 47 in WA.
  7. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

When I started five years ago going rate was $ 35/hr, just looked at a truck a guy was selling, turns out he did alot of sub work (3 trucks worth), was geting 30 - 35/ hr, he didn't get specific, but did say he often times didn't get paid from contractor or not all, I don't know what he had for insurance, ect. I have seen rates advertised in the newspaper for $ 50/hr, I looked into what I could pay subs this year it was definitly in that range, these are for pickups with straight blades, more experienced more money obviously.
  8. CCSwanson

CCSwanson LawnSite Member

I am a insured sub contractor in Southwest Oh and get 55.00 per hour with no payment problems