1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

sub-division entrance beds

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by STRINGALATION, Jul 22, 2007.

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

hello everyone gota trick question.
    when you have large beds at the entrance to sub div's, hospitals and etc.
    that have mulch and bedding plants, does the mulch stop at the bedding plants? also in a regular seasonal changing would it be as follows . petunia - pansies - mulch - pansies- petunia
    summer fall winter spring summer

or will the pansies make it through winter here?
    I have an oppourtunity to fully maintain some beds and want them to look like everyone else. I try to watch when other places change out but the few i notice change on a bi monthly basis probly why i remeber to watch and why i notice

also moderators i did not put this under maint & reno b cause i always see way more peopl viewing here than there
  2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Mulch year round! For the plants you listed, compost would probably be the best bet.

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

not sure i understand if there is a 200 sq ft bed of just plants do i plant in the mulch? are you saying use compost as the mulch still do not quite get it i assumed it would be mulch up to the bedding bed and then switch to good soil mix i figured with wall to wall bedding plants why would you need mulch would'nt that be beneath a canopy of foliage