Sub Mowing ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JRAZ, Apr 24, 2005.

1. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

I am in the Seattle area and think I want to sub out my mowing portion of landscape maintenance. Has anyone else done this or worked as a sub? How did or does the transition work in your case? I have more questions than answers at this point but know that I want to sub it out or possibly get out of the mowing end all together. I know I want a guy licensed and insured, so looking for info beyond the obvious. Thanks.

~JRAZ

2. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

My friend in town dose commercial flowers. If he gets a place with grass, say a big hotel or whatever, he will sub out the grass. He will even give the grass contract to someone else.

Funny thing is when I first saw the header on this thread. I thought you were asking about mowing submarines. That would be an interesting question

3. ndunn

ndunn LawnSite Member

JRAZ,

I'm over in woodinville, on the King/Snohomish County line. I tried to e-mail/private message you but looks like we're both not set up for that yet. I'm licensed, insured, and need more work on the mowing end. What area are you in, and how much work are you talking about? If you have the business but just want to unload the mowing maybe we can talk about a more permanent business agreement than sub-contracting. Maybe we can find a more beneficial relationship than contractor/sub-contractor. I'll try to activate my e-mail on here so we can get in contact if you are interested.

Hope to hear from you