sub surface drip

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Oct 18, 2012.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe we shouldn't hang out so often afterall :::searches for eye protection:::
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

There are a couple companies that have tried to sell their sod cutter with one blade for cutting a trench. We want to be able to cut at least two tenches at a time with a marker. The problem for us is the base cost of a piece of equipment that we have to spend money modifing is toooo high.

I am surprised there still isn't a market out there for a small machine.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Kiril: Throws pencil at Jim's eye to save him from having to look at that stone age POS picture that boots has posted 100 million times.

Jim: Looks at pencil flying towards him without concern.

Kiril: Damn, watch out Jim

Jim: HUH ... opening his eye wide, the pencil ricochets off and embeds itself into the monitor displaying the horrific picture

Kiril: WTF!

Jim: Resistance Is Futile

borg60.jpg

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

SILLY
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

A couple of times. Spacing wasn't an issue once I knew what type of soil the drip was going to be installed and at what depth.
    I used a pull behind irrigation trenching saw that was a rental unit - similar to what the invisible dog fence schleps use but with a slightly wider wheel.
    Made sure the main line feeding the laterals had a sediment filter plus each lateral had a smaller one as well. Was on contract for quarterly maintenance until the dude had a terminal vapor lock.
    Don't see an issue once you know the soil type and have some reasonable idea of capillary flow characteristics to space the lines properly.