1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

sub surface drip

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Oct 18, 2012.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe we shouldn't hang out so often afterall :::searches for eye protection:::
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

There are a couple companies that have tried to sell their sod cutter with one blade for cutting a trench. We want to be able to cut at least two tenches at a time with a marker. The problem for us is the base cost of a piece of equipment that we have to spend money modifing is toooo high.

I am surprised there still isn't a market out there for a small machine.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Kiril: Throws pencil at Jim's eye to save him from having to look at that stone age POS picture that boots has posted 100 million times.

Jim: Looks at pencil flying towards him without concern.

Kiril: Damn, watch out Jim

Jim: HUH ... opening his eye wide, the pencil ricochets off and embeds itself into the monitor displaying the horrific picture

Kiril: WTF!

Jim: Resistance Is Futile

borg60.jpg

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

SILLY
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

A couple of times. Spacing wasn't an issue once I knew what type of soil the drip was going to be installed and at what depth.
    I used a pull behind irrigation trenching saw that was a rental unit - similar to what the invisible dog fence schleps use but with a slightly wider wheel.
    Made sure the main line feeding the laterals had a sediment filter plus each lateral had a smaller one as well. Was on contract for quarterly maintenance until the dude had a terminal vapor lock.
    Don't see an issue once you know the soil type and have some reasonable idea of capillary flow characteristics to space the lines properly.