Subaru Robin questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ozarkbilly, Jun 1, 2013.

1. ozarkbilly

ozarkbilly LawnSite Member

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. This listing popped up on my local CL. Hadn't heard of these engines before, but after a bit of 'net searching it seems that most reviews of them are quite favorable. I'm assuming this is a Snapper commercial 21" push. Any rough estimates on how old this mower is? I'm looking for a 21" push mower for tight spots/tiny yards. Part of my brain is saying "for $175 how wrong could you go?", but the other part is saying "its a discontinued motor dude...expensive & hard to find parts".

http://joplin.craigslist.org/grd/3808623864.html

I'm heading to check it out shortly, & any advice would be appreciated

- Bill

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Those engines are bullet proof< Id buy just to have the motor.

It looks like that mower inst self propelled or someone took the selfpropelled parts off. I guarantee its too heavy to push.

The mower is at a minimum over 10 years old.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  3. ozarkbilly

interesting observation about it being non-self propelled. Even with the limited times I'd use it, I don't wanna be pushing around a tank.

4. ozarkbilly

anyone have any clues regarding an age range of this mower? I'm trying to do some searching but not having a whole lotta luck. The graphics on the deck don't look REALLY old. And man, that looks like a pretty clean mower

5. ozarkbilly

called to let them know I was on my way, & it got sold an hr ago. Drag.....

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the reason it looked so good is it wasnt sp and never got used. those are too heavy to push. the robin you want anyway is the 2 stroke one.

7. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

I think they stopped making the EH18 engine in 2000-2001? At that time I had a similar mower (with self-propel) and the parts availability issues started not long after.