Subbing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitycut, Mar 7, 2008.

1. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

I was approached by a company that pretty much sells services, he does have a plow company. He wants to start selling mowing and more plowing and have me sub it out. just wondering what kind of percent would be fare for him to take so it can still be worth my time.

Thanks

2. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Seems you would have to price it per job by dollar amount. Trying to do it a a set percentage seems like it could be a losing proposition. I don't know about you but I don't think I could afford to give up any percentage of profit I am currently making. There is not enough profit in mowing to share a percentage with someone else.

3. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

Well in a way thats how it is. He was going to take 10% of the monthly invoice. I would also be mowing all commercial in a very tight route 5 days a week

4. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

If You need the money and it is truly profitable then take it. You can develop a close relationship with these clients, you never know what this may lead to.

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

In my area one of the companies is able to sub for me and they take 75% of the price of the lawn while I take the other 25%.

6. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i had a similar thread a few weeks ago and they told me not to give more than 10%

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Depends on how much he can sell each lawn for. If he is lowballing then that isn't good. He should try to sell it on the higher end to cover everything. I hope that came across clearly!