Subbing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitycut, Mar 7, 2008.

  1. qualitycut

    qualitycut LawnSite Member
    Posts: 102

    I was approached by a company that pretty much sells services, he does have a plow company. He wants to start selling mowing and more plowing and have me sub it out. just wondering what kind of percent would be fare for him to take so it can still be worth my time.

    Thanks
     
  2. chipk1

    chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida
    Posts: 393

    Seems you would have to price it per job by dollar amount. Trying to do it a a set percentage seems like it could be a losing proposition. I don't know about you but I don't think I could afford to give up any percentage of profit I am currently making. There is not enough profit in mowing to share a percentage with someone else.
     
  3. qualitycut

    qualitycut LawnSite Member
    Posts: 102

    Well in a way thats how it is. He was going to take 10% of the monthly invoice. I would also be mowing all commercial in a very tight route 5 days a week
     
  4. Atlantic Lawn

    Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC
    Posts: 940

    If You need the money and it is truly profitable then take it. You can develop a close relationship with these clients, you never know what this may lead to.
     
  5. mowerbrad

    mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 6,273

    In my area one of the companies is able to sub for me and they take 75% of the price of the lawn while I take the other 25%.
     
  6. kleankutslawn

    kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,185

    i had a similar thread a few weeks ago and they told me not to give more than 10%
     
  7. Grits

    Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida
    Posts: 2,994

    Depends on how much he can sell each lawn for. If he is lowballing then that isn't good. He should try to sell it on the higher end to cover everything. I hope that came across clearly!
     

Share This Page