Subcontract Apps???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gpriddy, Feb 5, 2003.

1. gpriddy

gpriddy LawnSite Member
    from MD

Just curious,

I currently do not have a commercial applicators liscense, so I feel uncomfortable in bending the rules to apply my chem.

I was thinking of subing out to a (1) local chem only company or (2) national chain chem and fert company, any thoughts on which to go with. I would draw the line on another service company.

Input appreciated...
    Gary

2. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to Lawnsite.Why not go get your own app. license?

3. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

In the state of Arkansas whoever collects the money for the application must have the license. You can not sub out the apps here it is the same as spraying without a license. That is according to Mr. John Heard who is in charge of the pest control section of the Ark State plant Board.

Jim

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I sub work out to Chemlawn and Lawn Doctor. These are large accounts that would be difficult for me to do alone. Give them a try. Check you local laws to see if you need to be certifed.

5. Casey

Casey LawnSite Member

You might consider subbing your chem work out to a smaller operator that is just doing applications, he might be in a position to refer customers to you that would utilize the type of services you provide. With Chemlawn getting into the maintenance side I sure wouldn't't want to help introduce them to my customers if I did maintenance. We just do apps and have a couple of guys that we trade leads with, in the end we all win.