Subcontracting For Other Landscapers Like PLS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Firstclasslawn, May 29, 2004.

1. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I recently sub-contracted a few jobs that Promised BS Services sent my way and got screwed big time, it WAS half my fault and the rest his however he did flat out just screw me, he offered me 4 Properties for $527.00 a month and 1 of them had a outrageous backyard and 1 was on a hill and one was a HOA and the othert was way out in cedar hill and had tons of dog crap in the backyard, anyways thats about $32.00 a week per each property, Diurt Dirt cheap so I do them for 1 week and realize that I am getting screwed and call him and say listen buddy I really want to help you out but its not going to work anymore, so he says ok man but can you just do them the rest of this week so that I can get my stuff done and then I will fit them in next week and so what the hell do I say -----------------I say yes i'll help ya out man------------------I mowed 8 properties for 2 weeks at $32.00 a yard --------and he only paid me $200.00 you do the math oh and he claims to be honest and be a Christian , Oh well what goes around comes around, before I actually liked him and SOMEWHAT respected him ---so I would intentionally stay away from stuff that I knew that he did, But now ALL is fair, He screwed me out of $56.00 and so now hmmmm I guess thats worth taking 1 house....
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have to admit...It is your fault.

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Been there done that, had to go to court to get money out of one contractor.

After that, dropped ALL sub work. Goes for realtors too :)
  4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I did that for one LCO. He said i can't pay you. because you cut one day to soon. I tell him you will pay me one way or another. I put a lien on the prop. Two things happen i got my money and got the account also. They let him go for not paying me.
  5. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe I should do that, also TREVOR I like most of your posts However YES its my fault I tryed it for 1 week but its NOT my fault that he screwed me out of money
  6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

It's only your fault FirstClass if you let it happen again....

"There's an old saying in Texas, I believe it's in Tennessee too....
    Get fooled once, shame on you, get fooled twice... ..... can't .... can't get fooled again" -- George W. Bush