1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Subcontractor Agreements

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by christian80, Feb 3, 2006.

1. christian80

christian80 LawnSite Member

I have been in the bizz for 9 years now;I am finaly on my own some what. My buddy which I had helped him start his bizz 7 years ago is doing great,and I have recently taken over 38 of his contracts which are year round maintenance accounts.I am currently getting 38% of what each account brings in but I feel as if that is just not enough, after I pay the taxes on the amount I bring in each check plus gas an equipment maintenance,what do I do.
  2. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I think your doing alot for only 38% of the income if I understand you. When I sub out to someone I give them 80% on landscaping,irrigation or tree work. If I pay someone to mow lawns I get only $5.00 per lawn and they get the rest. I would love to make 62% of the gross but no one would sub for me at that rate.
  3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I just set up a guy with some accounts and I am paying him70% and he is very happy. Works good for both of us so far. I make 1-K for inspecting and billing.
  4. christian80

christian80 LawnSite Member

Thank you for all your help I need some good info