subcontractor - contracts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnguy12, Nov 2, 2005.

1. lawnguy12

lawnguy12 LawnSite Member

I am going to be hiring a couple of subcontractors for snow removal. For those of you that do use subcontractors, do you have them enter into any type of contract? I am also interesting in finding out if any of you have them sign a a non-compete statement so that they don't try to take away any of your customers. I am very interested in finding out what language you use in your contracts and non-compete clauses. Thanks!

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you also should talk with your accountant and insurance agent regarding this. It can be kind of a headache sometimes.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi lawnguy12,

If you do a google search for non-compete clause contract, I am sure you will find many samples.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Word of Caution...

Take a look at Uncle Sam's versions of what a contractor is versus what you think it is. What you deem as a subcontractor, gov't probablly calls them employees...

I don't know off the top of my head but its 3 questions you need to ask yourself. Most of the time snow plow subcontractors will not fit into the subcontractor category.