Subdivision News Letter Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Master of the Lawn, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Master of the Lawn

Master of the Lawn Guest

I have 5 subdivision advertisements. I havent had much luck with them,i do get a few calls now and then but not enough to pay for itself. I was wondering if any of you guys have used this kind of advertisement? If so what kind of luck have you had? The paper Co only permits 3 lco's in the paper at one time, still dont get calls.The only reason i keep it for is name reconition and tax break.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

is this like a newsletter type thing? If so, i tried it and got nothing.

3. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the divisions around here have websites and you can submit ads for free or for a minimal fee. So I gave about 4 of them a try. Last year I got one call from a lady that hired me and about 5-6 shoppers. This year I only posted on the free sites and have had 3 calls and 2 hires so I have better outlook this year. Still not worth paying for but at least it is 2 more this year than I had.

4. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 LawnSite Senior Member

I've had the same experience as thfireman. I advertise on the free classified areas of neighborhood web sites. Not much activity, but it is free.