1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Submitted first advertisement today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Remsen1, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hopefully, I'll be going big-time soon! I finally stopped procrastinating and submitted a display ad in a local weekly bulk circulated pennysaver.

My ad is 2"x2" and costed $112 for 7 weeks. My ad is emphasizing Leaf Cleanup right now. In a couple weeks I can change it to snow removal.

I don't know why I was so anxious about doing this, but I couldn't have met a nicer person than the person who helped me place my ad.

I'm on my way!
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

good job. Now, not to bust your bubble but the worse thing is when you are waiting for a high response rate and like nobody responds. That is the worst
  3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Beware of the price shoppers. They love perusing the pennysavers. Thus why they are called pennysavers.
  4. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My sites are set low right now. I would like to get 1-2 quality customers per month while I run the ad. Price shoppers don't bother me. My prices are reasonable and non-negotiable.
  5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Let's see a picture of the AD.
  6. CoachLinz

CoachLinz LawnSite Member

Not to put a damper on your fun, but last time I ran an ad in a paper like that, I got zero response. Best thing I've ever done was door to door with flyers. Every customer I have is from that or a referral from another customer.
  7. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

referral's are the best advertising I have yet to place an ad in the paper. I sent out fliers my first year and that was it been busy now for 4 years, and saved a lot of money on advertising