1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Submitting Bids

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by H & S Services LLC, Jan 24, 2013.

1. H & S Services LLC

H & S Services LLC LawnSite Member

I am just now starting to bid on commercial property. I am trying to come up with a steady formula to submit bids for my properties. Currently I am charge by the complete sqaure footage and putting mowing , trimming ( weed eating ), edging and blowing in one. Everything else is seperate. Im going to put up my price sheet. Any abd All suggestions would be grateful.

Mowing, trimming, blowing and edging will be priced as one.
    5,000 – 10,000 sq ft range: 25.00 – 45.00 $
    10,000 – 15,000 sq ft range: 45.00 – 65.00 $
    15,000 – 20,000 sq ft range: 65.00 – 85.00 $
    20,000 – 30,000 sq ft range: 85.00 – 130.00 $
    30,000 – 40,000 sq ft range: 130.00 – 175.00 $
    40,000 – 50,000 sq ft range: 175.00 – 220.00 $
    50,001 and up per bid.

Thanx

2. Looks good, good luck.

3. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

you charge 175-220 per acre!?!?!?!? i need to move to your market

4. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I only get 60 an acre. Wow. Your prices are a little high for my area but if get the work you will be loving life

5. corbster

corbster LawnSite Fanatic
    from OHIO

I can mow an Acre in 20 minutes ! Wow you charge $600.00/hour !

6. H & S Services LLC

H & S Services LLC LawnSite Member

Yeah well thats for the mowing, edging, trimming, and blowing. I may find out soon that my pries are crazy lol. But im surely going to find out.Thanks for you guys responses.

Thanks!!!!

7. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

your not going to get work with those prices, even if you did live in Connecticut. We get around 60/acre here and i can do all of that stuff on an acre property in around an hour on my own

8. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I'd base it on time, instead of SQ/FT, it really all depends on how your setup. I'm guessing your only setup to cut up to a certain size and remain competitive after that your out of your league price wise, until you reorganize for the larger size stuff. We don't know your setup so it's hard to judge it looks like your good up to a point.I'm set up for up to about two acres then I start to get out of my league price wise.

9. imow in NC

imow in NC LawnSite Member

How many square feet are in a day? Anybody? I charge by the hour or the minute. It is the only way you can get the right prices. you pay by the hour;charge by the hour

10. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

We aren't getting those prices in CT!!! That's for sure! I can comfortably mow an acre in 60 minutes and like others have suggested, charging by time is the best way. Dollar a minute is how I charge