1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Submitting Bids

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by H & S Services LLC, Jan 24, 2013.

1. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

I tried figuring out prices last year just going by square footage... Going that route, my price eventually came out to $300 per acre. There's no way that'd ever fly for a basic mow, blow, and go type of service. Would be nice though. Lol

2. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

Sharps_lawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TN

An acre should at least be around 75.00.

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Most guys around here get around 60 an acre after that it's up to you to get your time down to where your profitable. I feel comfortable at 60 an acre as in it takes right at an hour to do it.

4. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

Are you all talking about mow trim and blow an acre an hour or just mowing an acre an hour. I can easily mow 2 acres an hour.

5. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Mow trim blow a hilly acre solo with a 48" walkbehind
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

With one machine? You must really be moving and not have much in the way.

7. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never measured the sq ft of a yard, EVER. I know my cost's per hour. And I can look at a yard and tell how long it will take me. I would never advertise prices like this. There a just too many things to consider. Toys all over the yard, Dog sh!t everwhere, hilly yard, etc,etc,etc.

8. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

Well thats average time. 30 minutes an acre easy!

9. GreenGuysLC

GreenGuysLC LawnSite Senior Member

Average time depends...on operator....on equipment and on property. I echo everyone else. You shoukd be shooting for hourly.....personally i look at $75 an hour....a half acre subdivison.lot can take just about as long as a full country acre. Over time you will learn to eyeball the property and guesstimate it. Only time can tell if you shot yourself in the foot or not.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Truth... and shooting oneself in the foot will happen from time to time, but it's all part of the learning process.