Submitting Bids

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnEmpire, Jan 24, 2005.

1. LawnEmpire

LawnEmpire LawnSite Member

Just wondering what you guys do when you sumbmit bids. Do you dress to impress when you go places?? Do you carry all of your documents on you? Do you just walk in places and say "I was wondering if your currently accepting bids for lawn maintenenace"? Just want to see how you guys do it

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Dressing up is not always nessesary, a good pair of jeans and nice shirt are is usually good enough, depending on the situation. I have all documents ready in case they ask. ie) proof of insurance, references, business cards, and proposals/contracts for if they are interested.

3. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

You might as well not waste your time going to a business in jeans, bad move

4. LawnEmpire

LawnEmpire LawnSite Member

Yeah i usually dress really nice, if i have a co-worker come with me its usually a shirt and tie for the both of us. I figure, why not? If they see you dress well they might think your work will be just as good huh. More opinions would be helpfull

5. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

If I were approaching a business owner, business casual would be the attitude. This means khakis and a polo shirt with your company name embroidered. Jeans would be fine if you're approaching a bank, gas station, tool shop, etc. What do the employees/customers of the business wear? I wouldn't wear jeans if they don't. Even though I personally wear a shirt and tie to work every day that I'm not cutting grass, I wouldnt' approach someone like that in a suit.

They want to see someone who look respectable, dependable, and don't forget someone who isn't afraid to get dirty. I would feel kind of strange if I went to a carwash and the cashier was wearing a tie. The dress needs to be appropriate, but fitting to the work you do. Keep a clean polo shirt ready and a piar of khakis or good jeans.

6. Mycannon

Mycannon LawnSite Member

Same here business casual