Sub's needed for snow removal

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by meets1, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Do you guys use sub's or are sub'd for other guys? Also do you hire the lawn care LCO competitor for help with snow? At what rate do you pay these guys? Just figure you get 10% or nickel & dime them on price cuz I (You) are giving them work??

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I get $65 an hour when I help out others. Dont think I'm busting my balls when I'm doing your condos and sidewalks for you though

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I am assuming that is with your equipment and not just shovel??

4. Uranus

from Mass

F 250 with 8' plow, shovel, snowblower, Price goes up for christmas day and newyears

5. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

You pay out 2/3 of the contract and keep 1/3...The subs equipment & insurance justifies this amount...

6. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I charge 50 an hour just plowing, I know thats low but the guy I work for is friends with me and we help each other out and if I needed help, he would do it for the same.

P.s. I can't wait for snow with my new(to me) truck, a 95' f-250 with 8' fisher and central hydro.

7. Uranus

from Mass

I had a nieghbor today as how much to sub me out for some parking lots he is bidding on, plow and some sidewalk work. Shot him my price and he said no way can he aford that. He thinks I'll do it for $30 an hour. So that means I get 30-40 per lot. that would be at the most 120 for 3-4 hours of work. I can make that in an hour doing driveways and not have to shovel anything. No way am I doing 4 hours of work for $120 and he will pocket 800-1000 for my work.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Last year the going rate around here was $75 an hour and up depending on the size of your truck and plow.

9. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Tell him sure...using his truck and equipment :cool2:
    OR
    Go get the contracts yourself.

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.