Substitute for Lesco?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by eruuska, Apr 5, 2005.

1. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I'm picking up a load of Dimension in a day or so, but I don't want to drive all the way to Lesco in Indianapolis to get it (2 hour drive each way). What other sources are there for good quality products in NW Indiana? I've got nothing against Lesco except the drive.

Awaiting tons of suggestions.....

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

home depot and it about the same price to good for when you are not by a lesco

3. you might want to check with some farm co-op's in your area.

4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried Prosource 1? My guy delivered to me when I was in Iowa.
    If you read labels, I believe the a.i. is different on Lesco's products that they sell at Home Depot.

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

This would be a "watered down" version that you'll get at Home Depot. Less active ingredient than Lesco's.

6. eruuska

Phone numbers or websites please?

7. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

8. eruuska

I looked up the number for our local UAP and they answered the phone "Conagra". Told me they were strictly dealing with agricultural products. Same story with a few other local fert suppliers.

I'll call Prochoice tomorrow, otherwise looks like I'm stuck with Lesco for the time being.

Thanks for the help. :waving:

9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

read the label same stuff

10. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have read the label and what I can recall is that the home depot version of Lesco fert. and Dimension had less ai. I don't remember what the % was.

David