Lawn Care Forum banner

Success rebuilt my first 2 cycle!!

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Avery 
#1 ·
Well if you remember a while back, I asked about rebuilding an echo BP blower. Well I finally got the parts, and got it running good. I had to replace both bearings and oil seals. About an hour or two to dissasemble, and about three hours to re assemble. So now I feel pretty confident about rebuilding small 2 cycles. Now a question for you all: What age did you rebuild your first 2 cycle engine? I am 17 so I guess you could say I am starting out early.

#2 ·
I'd say you're on the right track. No sense in paying some fool what you can do yourself.:D

#3 ·
I was around 10 years old when I started rebuilding engines. My grandfather had a load of homelite trimmers that he used to have that needed rebuilding. we spent a weekend doing all the engines. Since then I have been rebuilding all my race motors in my dirt bikes and am looking to tackle a rebuild on a mustang over the winter.

#4 ·
I messed with old rotary mowers when I was about 5 or 6, under Dad's supervision. We had replaced the points and condenser in one. Unfortunately, the mower was thrown away, along with the engine a few months later. We did a rebuild on a 7HP Briggs & Stratton when I was about 12. The engine on the rotary mower was a 3HP Briggs & Stratton. And I still tinker with engines I find, and ones I use about every week to keep them running strong.

:blob3:

#5 ·
Hey guys im new to the forum. I have been rebuilding engines since I was 14 (im 15 now). I have rebuilt my Homelite 25cc engine and put a Walbro WT-343 carb, im making a new exhaust, and going to try and lighten the flywheel, balance the flywheel, port the exhaust and intake a little, stuff the crank case, advance the timing a little, and other stuff. I just got back in from working on a weedeater that I got from my neighbor. I love working on these things. If anyone knows a good area to post stuff like fixing up weedeaters, can you please tell me. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.