Sucker Stopper

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Kate Butler, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Have any of you folks ever actually used Monterey's Sucker Stopper? I searched the site and found a bit of conversation about the product, but no one seemed to've ever really used the stuff.

It sure is a long way to ship chemical. Alternatives, anyone??
  2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I feel your pain we have sumac's, olives, and oleanders that sucker no matter what you do. Then a whole host of others that do too when they get a little extra water. I have heard, but have no firm research that they come back slower if you pull them off as opposed to cutting them off. I have never used the sucker stopper.
  3. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

I used one that I think was called Sucker Stop RTU. I don't remember the chemical but probably a good chance its the same one you are looking at. It killed the suckers and they didn't come back as fast as if you just cut them. No simple way to get rid of suckers on some trees.
  4. SPLC

SPLC LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Let them grow!! Figure them into the price of your maintenance program.payup

Unless it's your home, then minimize maintenance.

5. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, most of the problem suckering trees are at my place. It's a colossal pain in the wrist to keep 'em cut down. I'm going to give the stuff a try. Thanks, all.