1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

SUCKS, got a new trimmer today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Aug 26, 2003.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Ok, so I changed the plug on my sm210 the other day, and I go to fire it up today. Well it doesn't work, so I"m like what the crap? So i put some gas on the plug and it sitll doesnt work, so I'm thinking its something else. I just unloaded all my gear cause I had to load up the trailer to take crap to the dump (pre-fall cleaning of the garage). So I took the engine apart, couldnt find anything so I squirted a little gas into the cylinder and put it back together. Well when I put it together I apparently pinched the on/off wire. SO I tried again, and it didnt work. So I decided to take the whole thing apart, well I took it apoart, cylinder and all. (MISTAKE #1). Well I didn't notice it but as soon as i pulled off the cylinder thingy the rings came off of the piston, so I still didnt see anything wrong. Put it back toghether again, nothing happened. So I gave up and took it to the shop. The guy said It was firering, but didnt sound like any gas. sprayed some stuff through the air filter then took off the muffler to check for exhaust clogs. Clean as a whistle too:0D. He looked into the cylinder and noticed the rings werent there and was like, "that's your problem right there.
    So from the start it was something really odd, and then everytime I touched it I messed something up. BUt he's getting new rings in 2 days. So while I was there I went ahead and bout a sm260. And I must say that thing has soooooooo much power I don't know what to do with it. I got it for $285.00, not a bad deal:-D.

So come Thursday I'll have the sm210 for backup an be using my new s260:-D.
  2. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

hey what shop did you take it to. I bought a metro hp from garland saw the other day. And they didn't have the most organized shop. I think that makes a differance but that is a good deal on the trimmer though.
  3. EagleLandscape

I got it from Garland Saw. I've gotten to know the guys there and the owner the past few days. Told him I'd buy everything from him, so he's been giving me some pretty good deals. I'm very satisfied with their service, and he is extremely knowledgeable. Where in the area do you mow, like what neighborhoods?
  4. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) 260 very nice trimmer ive got the older 2601 same machine i think, sorry to hear about your other one sounds like you went through it good, did your dealer say it was the rings? Marks Mowing Service...........This will cure all your problems...

family 168.jpg
  5. EagleLandscape

the piston rings broke, well i broke them when i took off the cylinder.