1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sugestions?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rescuedlawn, Sep 19, 2013.

1. rescuedlawn

rescuedlawn LawnSite Member

Help with cheap ideas on this small slope

imagesCAS69WG3.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

2. rescuedlawn

This is for a buddy of mine. He wants to put steps in where it washes away in the first pic and the rest he wants to do anything that is not too costly. Its about 2-3 feet tall.

I suggested to put fabric down and then just use some stones. That would be the cheapest but even that is too much for him. Such a cheap skate

3. Barnabas

Barnabas LawnSite Member

Anything else will wash out... Maybe building a rail wall would fit in his budget? I dont see that being much cheaper though.

4. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

How about a ground cover? It'll be more maintenance longterm but lower cost to install.

5. if he is cheap, johnsongrass.

6. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

If he's too cheap for the cheapest option, why are you wasting your time?

7. rescuedlawn

That was one of my suggestions but the possibility of snakes?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. wat5150

wat5150 LawnSite Member

Pretty much anything you do there isnt going to be super cheap. I mean if you want it to work and look nice. Tell him to cough up the cash or its going to stay like that. What else can you do? Cutting corners will only make more of a mess for him in the long run.

9. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

Agreed, just take this comment right here and have your friend read it. If he wants to spend alittle money, you could add mulch and some junipers. I would go with larger ones if he's on a budget. They will take up some space. Add some bolders also to take up space.

10. rescuedlawn

Junipers were my first suggestion but he was concerned for snakes since its so close to the house. Then I said to use boulders and rocks to make it maint free or cough up some cash and put up a retaining wall or level it off some more.

thanks for the input.
    Posted via Mobile Device