1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Suggested reading?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MikeKle, Mar 19, 2009.

1. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

As my lawn care company grows larger we get more and more requests for spraying fertilizer/weed killers. All I can offer them now is granular which nobody around here likes because it doesnt produce anywhere near the spraying results. I have been reading a "chemical guide" that came with my last edition of PRO magazine, but it is very vague and doesnt cover alot. I tried the link on the top of this forum about licensing in all 50 states, but it has been closed . Can anyone suggest some reading material that I could learn alot from? I really want to learn as much as possible about my area( northern KY)and the methods/chemicals that work best for this area. I think here in KY we take the test at EPA for spraying fertilizers/weedkillers, but I do not know for sure. Thanks for the advice.

2. get on this page and look around and you'll find what you need to do. http://www.kyagr.com/consumer/envsvs/testing/index.htm