Suggestion For Flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mjoaaa, May 11, 2004.

1. mjoaaa

mjoaaa LawnSite Member

I read a study not to long ago that the lady of the home is the one who usually calls the lawn care company, mortgage company, real estate company. The percentages where quite high in which the lady requested the estimate. While the husband still ranked high on the final decession.

So who do you market to? The answer is may seem like the husband as he is the decession maker, right? Wrong! The lady calls remember so when designing an ad, choose something with pastel colors, place a baby on the lawn, etc. These things appeal to the women. Ultimately increasing your inquiries.

I decide to do my own study with my mortgage website. I took a my dark blue site and made it a light pink color and posted it at another domain name. Now I have two sites, 1 dark blue and 1 pastelish pink color. I promoted both through overture.com. Result was more leads came in on the pink site then blue. Even more men completed the inquiry on the pink site then on the blue. The color also has something to do psy. with trust as well. Lighter more feminate colors appear for some reason to be more trustworthy!

Just some food for thought. I make no guarantees on your actual results, but thought some of you may be interested in the information!

2. godsey03

godsey03 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Thanks for the info. I might try that and see what the outcome is.

3. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

Pastel flyers instead of green. What a revolutionary idea!!!!!

In all seriousness its little things like that that can make the most difference. I think I'll give it a try.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi mjoaaa,

Great post :)

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

good info. I hear guns and skinned animals dont have a good return percentage.

Trevor

6. gr8cutter

gr8cutter LawnSite Member

mjoaaa, good post. I think there really is something to this. Hard to leave that great green though! I guess we should all paint our trucks pink.

7. mjoaaa

mjoaaa LawnSite Member

LOL pink trucks! Go with a pastel green for your flyers.

8. Timbo

Timbo LawnSite Member

In my area, there is a fertilizing company with a pink van. The thing about it is, is that everyone I told about it after I saw it, had already seen it. Point being they remembered the van and the name of the company. Its the little things that stick out in peoples minds.

9. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Timbo I see that van around here everyday!! I think the name of the company is Discovery Lawn.

David