1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Branchland, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Pj. I just wanted to make a suggestion for the newer bac vac's. Mine is a 04 so I'm not sure if the newer ones are different. Anyway a couple of months ago I notice the screen hanging down from my bac-vac. Upon inspection I saw that the screen on the inside had broke around the bolts and washers. Granted it is 3 years old and used alot but I still didn't want to replace it. I put it back in place using different holes in the screen. this worked for a couple of weeks then it broke again. Well this time i used some scrape aluminum I had around the shop. It's at most 1/8 thick and 2 inches wide. I cut it to size and drilled holes to match the bolt holes in the bac vac. Being that it is wider and a solid piece instead of just washers holding the screen it has held great so far, I really don't see anyway for it to fall again. And being that it is aluminum I don't notice any weight difference. Just a idea I thought y'all might want to look into.

I also have a testimony about the deck. This happened about a year ago. This yard I mow was very tall. I'd say about 8 inches. This was only about my 3rd time mowing it. Well I'm zipping across the back yard then all of a sudden I stop dead in my tracks. The mower hit something. The sudden stop made me lean foreward on the controls which resulted in the rear tires digging in. I get the mower backed up to see what I hit and if the mowers ok. I had hit a cast iron sewer clean out, sticking about 6 inches out of the ground. I had forgot about. The pipe didn't break but it was leaning over really bad. I ended up getting a plumber out there to fix it. But my mower deck wasn't damaged at all. It hit somewhere in the middle front.

I love my Super Z. It's built Hustler Tough and in the USA :usflag:
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will e-mail a link to this thread to our product manager and engineers.