Suggestion

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by indy2tall, Feb 3, 2010.

1. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

I have not been around for the last couple of years because of workload and thankfully that has eased up a little. One thing I have noticed upon being back is that the profiles of the posters is a lot more spotty. Most people put almost nothing in the profile, not even their age. I wouldn't expect LawnSite to ask guys to write a complete biography because some guys would prefer to be anonymous but it would be nice to see city, state and age required to post. No offense to young men but it would be nice to know that the person passing out opinion and advise on business issues isn't still living under his mom and dads roof.

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

when registering at the site, location is required now, however age is not

3. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

I realize age is not required, that was the point of my suggestion. Age should be a requirement to post.

4. michael13

michael13 LawnSite Member
    from CT

I believe you need more moderators. The tone and language gets way out of hand on this site. Lotsa wise guys. Thanks

5. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

I disagree. Threads are moderated when issues get out of hand or personal attacks. I think the current moderation is right on. Maybe the wise guys are telling you to get a clue. It helps to have thick skin and not take everything personal.

6. michael13

michael13 LawnSite Member
    from CT

I dont need a clue. I have most of the answers. It is very rare when I am part of the banter here I dont spend alot of time on this site and guys like you are part of the reason why. My point is proven with your snide comment.