Suggestions for bags on trac-vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kipper, Apr 25, 2006.

1. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

I needs suggestion on whick bags work best for a trac-vac. I got mine home yesterday and i think it is not what thought it would be.

It puts dust everywhere!!!!!!

I will try 55 gal bags this afternoon.

Any other suggestions???

thanks,

kip.

2. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

That's it this thing is junk. I will be on the phone with trac-vac in the morning to send this piece of crap back.

3. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

You are right it is really an unneeded piece of equ it does not really save time.

But if someone thinks otherwise...FS: Trac Vac 470

4. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

I will be doing the same if i can't work something out with my dealer on this thing. However i will make how i am treated by my dealer very public.... I had to pay for 3 cars to be washed because of all of the dust and what appeared to be dirt ....

5. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Hey!! I've got a Trac Vac 470 and I love it! For a solo guy with generally small residential accounts, it works great. Paid for itself several times over last fall, I expect it to do the same this year.

6. nboroPOWER33JR

nboroPOWER33JR LawnSite Member

go to the fine hair net (line) filter that will solve your problem

7. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

any suggestions on where to get something like that?

How about to keep bags in it?

thanks,

8. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Kipper,

Is there any type of filter or mesh screen at the outlet end of the system? My 470 has a loose mesh screen right at the outlet grid, keeps large stuff from flying out. It can get dusty, though. I went home every day last fall spitting leaves and crap all night. You may also be able to change the direction of the airflow so it's not right in your face.

Hope this helps.

9. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I dont think your are suppose to put trash bags in it. You use the 55 gal barrels alone.

10. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

Its not that the airflow is coming in my face, it is getting all over anything in sight.

I am beginning to think that the website is incorrect in stating that you can put bags in it.

I really hope my dealer does not give me a hard time about returning it.

I have already ordered and accelerator and it will be here tuesday. Nothing like old faithfull i guess.

I will let everyone knnow how it turns out on monday.

If you have any more suggestion keep em coming.

thanks,

kip.