Suggestions for Dropping Pita Condo Association

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by someshadelawn, Jun 11, 2004.

1. someshadelawn

someshadelawn LawnSite Member

I am getting ready to drop a PITA Condo Association. I have taken a full time job outside the mowing business and am going to retain only a few of my high profit, really good customers. One of the accounts that I am getting ready to drop is a moderate size retirement community/condo association. This account has been nothing but a pain since the beginning. They have been EXTREMELY slow to pay (still have invoices out to them for the month of April) and every time I try to contact them, all I get is the royal runaround. I have a letter drafted them letting them know that I intend to cease their services. The only question is, what date to put on it. I am really concerned that if I give them notice and mow for two weeks or a month, I will never see the money. Should I just date it for the mow I just did and be done with it? Suggestions?

2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Let the door slam Sam,Check out the back Jack,just say good bye guy.let it go Joe.
    Bill

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

If you already have late pays, drop them ASAP! You are right in your thinking that you might not get payed. Don't do more work.
    Tell them you will not work till back pay comes in and when it does than tell them that under further review, BYE.

4. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I assume you have a contract. Give the proper notice, which should be 30 days. So they are a little slow paying... but you must be used to this now, right?

5. someshadelawn

someshadelawn LawnSite Member

This account has no written contract. Everything has been done on a handshake so to speak. That makes it easy to get rid of them, but it also makes it difficult to get the last pay from them. I really don't want to do any more work for them because they just came through with part of what they owed me. If I give them any kind of notice ( and continue to work for them) I don't really trust them to pay me.