Suggestions for my card

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pickupman96, Mar 6, 2011.

1. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Where's your phone number? Ohh wait... is it that scribble in the right corner :laugh:

If I were you I'd probably put the logo bigger on the back and enlarge the contact info a great bit, or reduce what info you put on there. do you really need your email or can people contact you through your website?

Maybe you could do something like this...

Jay Oldham............................(123) 456-7890
    www.mywebsite.com.............................emailme@email.com

the dot's are just to take up space, but name big on left, website below it, smaller, phone (what most people will use) big on the right, email below it. Your card looks a tad strange anyway because the services are centered and then the contact is right aligned, but maybe it's just me.

Also, the services seem difficult to read to me, which is either for you to read?

Mowing. Trimming. Blowing. and this. and that.

or

Mowing - Trimming - Blowing - and this - and that

to me, the hyphens are easier to read

2. pickupman96

pickupman96 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the tips, still fine tuning the card and still waiting on the post cards. I will post the final both before I get them. Also JFGouvreau, Im not only doing the 7500 postcards, I also have a 4x4 ad in the local weekly paper, a ad on there website on the top of every page for 2 months, 500 had delivered letters, and many many cold calls. What else could you suggest to get the 40-50 accounts that i need

3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

How about lettering you truck have you done that. I just lettered my new truck and already picked up two irrigation turn sons and a $1100 a year fert account from it. Granted the fert and one turn on is for the owner of the sign company but hey its gonna pay for the lettering
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

if im behing honest i dont like the cards at all, looks pretty amatuer to me. i would make the entire front your logo/phone number/web address, and list all your services on the back.

5. pickupman96

goldpro, no offense takes, rather hear the truth then spend the money and hear about it later.

6. pickupman96

here is the postcard
    full circle postcard front_PROOF.jpg

full circle postcard front_PROOF.jpg

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

that looks pretty good man.

8. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it looks pretty good, but if I were you, I'd change the background picture, it just doesn't make me think of a beautiful landscaped and maintained lawn. Also, why do you have dots before each service? I just think it looks a tad strange, I'd either put hyphens or leave them w/o any bullet there at all. I think it's pretty good, but I'd probably change the picture the back.

Keep working with it until YOU get something you really like :)