Suggestions For Potential New Dealer

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Texas Red, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Texas Red

Texas Red LawnSite Member

I've been approached to become a dealer for the Hustler line.

I'm interested in your suggestions in equipment, parts, etc. to inventory, and what your local dealerships provide that you like, and also what your local dealer doesn't do that you don't like.

Thanks for your help.

2. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

Texas Red,

I hope things work out for you w/the dealership. I am a firm believer in Hustler, the products, and company in general. I am guessing that Dealers Outdoor Supply is who contacted you. I have talked to them and they seem like a good group of people as well. Good luck

Joshua

3. Texas Red

Texas Red LawnSite Member

Thanks, Joshua, for the reply. Yes, DOS contacted me, and I did like the looks of the Super Z. There are no Hustler dealers closer than 70 miles from me, so there seems to be an open spot here. I just don't know how many units I can sell in this small town.

We'll see how it goes! Good luck and good business to you!

Don

4. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

Texas Red

I'm a lowly customer (Hustler owner) in Nashville, Tn. Please allow me to give you a little insight from the end user's point of view.

What ever you do, please don't offer loaner mowers if you don't mean it. I would much rather have a hotshot salesman tell me that there is no loaner program than to tell me that if I have problems with my new Hustler, he'll make sure I get a loaner so I can keep rolling, and then there isn't one because the dealer never offered that service. I don't know what other folks call it, but I call it lying. Bald faced lying. And all to make a sale. Please don't do that.

And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if you intend to carry the Hustler line, carry the damn parts. If you turn out to be a dealer that only orders parts when the customer walks in the door and needs them yesterday, all of us LCOs might just as well go into the sewing business and make quilts. There's nothing quite like this to make me feel more like an unwanted bastard stepchild.

We have a Hustler dealer that is doing the very things that I said above and it's costing me way more money that I can afford to lose. Suddenly Exmarks are looking a whole lot better.