Suggestions for Software for Doing a Newsletter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Az Gardener, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

We have been using Corel print house to do our newsletters for several years now. I just bought a laptop and my wife says it is a good time to get a new program to do it on. We have not been able to e-mail them so we would like something we could e mail but also simple to operate. Anyone using something that fits the bill?

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I enter my customers email addresses into an announcement list (provided by my web host). After the customer confirm they wish to receive it they're put on the list. I then use my mail client to generate some html and then send it out. It is addressed only to one client at a time so they don't see other people email addresses this way. I don't do any printed newsletters, but I suppose I could just print them out if I wished too.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Open office will save files as PDFs and you do not have to download any special drivers and you have a word processer that compares to MS worm for quality of work produced. The best part is it is free.

You could send the email newsletter as a PDF and HTML, as long as the file is not to big.

5. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I should have explained it better. I write it, my wife does the art. She inserts pictures and put them in ovals and fuzzes up the edges. I'm pulling out all the technical terms here. She does color backgrounds and other artsy stuff as well.

6. I have always used MS Publisher.....

7. LindblomRJ

take a look at openoffice.org

Writer can be used for letters desk top publishing and is able to sent as an email.

8. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

LIVE STRONG LINDBLOM !! I am a member of the club also.

9. LindblomRJ

Silly question: T/C or Open Office?

10. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

Ryan,
    Sorry, didn't mean to throw you. I was referring to your signature on your posts, "cancer survivor". I am an 18 year survivor myself. I know it's off topic. Just wanted to acknowledge you.