1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

suggestions on grass in cracks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clyde, Aug 5, 2005.

1. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

I have a commerical property managment co.
    wanting me to cut all the grass thats about waste high... around a sorta storage units turned into businesss' place its about 4 rows of these metal buildings about 400ft long each ... i mean if you round up it ... is it gone for good? I think it will take about 2-3 hrs to get things back in order the first time ... then about 1hr every 3 weeks
  2. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

as far as the suggetion goes for "grass in the cracks", i can only suggest a good bar of soap!! :)
  3. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

that would have to be a bar of soap made out of round up.... SUPA DUPA STRENGTH.. :cool2:
  4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would tell them what you just told us....and then charge accordingly.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

First check your state laws...you probably wouldn't be able to do this legally. If you can't, just sub it out...you're not out anything.
    Now, to answer your question, if you use glyphosate (Roundup) on it, yes, it will kill it all off. However, it will NOT be done. You will have new stuff growing up within a few weeks. The way to keep it controlled is with some sort of pre-emergent. Something like Oryzalin works well for this.