suggestions on new spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Drivefaster35, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I was wonderin as I had posted on here before I'm new to fertilizing this year and was curious as to what type of spreader to buy. As always I'd like to get the best bang for my buck reliable and easy to calabrate (the last thing I want to do is mess up a somebodys lawn) and suggestions would be awsome thanks

2. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Lesco

3. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

lesco is the industry standard

4. Drivefaster35

from Midwest

I don't use lesco fertilizer though is it that big of a deal?

5. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a Lesco spreader and it is made to last. Make sure you get the deflector so that you can fertilize along sidewalks and driveways without making a mess.

6. Fertboy

Fertboy LawnSite Member

Lesco, is the way to go. If you go to pick up one, don't get the epoxy coated steel, get stainless. Overtime fertilizer & salt will eat up a spreader.

Good Luck!

7. Fertboy

Fertboy LawnSite Member

Forgot, even if you don't use Lesco fert, most commercial fert will have a spreader setting for the Lesco spreader on the bag. The spreader should come with a plastic, calibration gauge to set it up right.

8. Drivefaster35

from Midwest

Awsome as always you guys are a big help thanks guys!

9. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

OK how much is a Lesco spreader?

10. Fertboy

Fertboy LawnSite Member

The Lesco with stainless, will probably go for $340-360. If you do decide to get one, would be a good idea to spring for a spreader cap(moisture & fert spills) and few extra agitator pins. It seems like alot, you should break even after a handful of jobs.

Welcome to the Spreader Jockey Club!:waving: