Sulke, Velke or Pro Side

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by racintoyota, Mar 10, 2005.

1. racintoyota

racintoyota LawnSite Member
    from 14865

I am interested in purchasing a sulky or velke. I was wondering is there any other kind of ride on attachments for a walkbehind mower. Maybe something thing with castor wheels, so your body dosn't get twisted when turning around.I am using a pro slid now. Thanks for any advise or help.

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get a sulky that attaches to the mower and has two swivel casters so your body is always paralell with the mower. I think there is a company called Bull Rider that makes one.

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

BTW: Do you not like your pro slide?

4. Greenhaul lawn pro

Greenhaul lawn pro LawnSite Member

yah why don't you like the proslide because I'm just about to buy one....

5. cooksjr537

cooksjr537 LawnSite Member

I have a velke never tried the other two. But when i use my velke i have a line down my stripe from the tire.

6. racintoyota

racintoyota LawnSite Member
    from 14865

Thanks. I do like the pro slide and how it strips the lawn, but it causes more wear on the hydros.

7. Greenhaul lawn pro

Greenhaul lawn pro LawnSite Member

If you are interested in selling the proslide let me know.....

8. mowerman52

mowerman52 LawnSite Member

Go with a 2 wheel velkie. Won't lay a tire stripe. Easy on the mower. Consider backing up with a proslide, I don't think it would work too good. The 2 wheel velkie's fold out of the way just as the proslide does. I have used a 2 wheel velkie for 6 years and they are awesome.

9. mowerman52

mowerman52 LawnSite Member

The Bull rider is pretty heavy. It is good for the more solidly built operaters. I have one that I will be selling.