Sulkey/Velke

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Les Blum, May 19, 2002.

1. Les Blum

Les Blum LawnSite Member

Do you recommend using a sulkey/velke on a 48", 15 horse kawa, beltdrive Metro? Or should I ask, is it OK to use them on the Metro? Thanks, Les.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Les,

We do not recommend the use of any non-Exmark riding attachments on any of the Exmark products.

The official answer is: "Use only Exmark riding attachments. Use of other riding attachments may create a hazardous condition resulting in injury". Incidently this quote was taken from the decal on the rear of the Metro engine deck.

Thanks

Terry

3. Les Blum

Les Blum LawnSite Member

Terry: Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry I was not clear. Is it OK to use the Exmark sulky on the 48" belt drive Metro. Thanks, Les.

4. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Les,

I recently got an eXmark 2-wheel for my 48" belt drive. It adds a little stress to the system, but very very little. If you weigh 250 lbs, are running double blades, AND pulling a sulkey........probably way too much stress. I am 160 lbs and the dealer said that I'll most likely wear out a belt a little sooner before damaging a transmission or worse. So far it's the best toy I've bought yet. Production is up and I can feel my legs again.Hope this helps.

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Les,

Sorry, my fault. Yes you can use the Exmark Sulky. If you want a sit down sulky I can't think of one I'd rather run than ours. The steering aspect of the sulky makes it much better in when making tight turns.

I personally prefer to put the riding attachments on the hydros but the gear drive Metro will pull the sulky just fine when going forward if adjusted properly and if the drive belts are not wet from rain, dew etc. Also be prepared to all of the work when reversing.

Just remember to clutch the drive levers when shifting or come to a complete stop and you'll be just fine.

Thanks

Terry

6. Les Blum

Les Blum LawnSite Member

Landscraper and Terry: Thanks. I guess I'll go on a diet before I get comfortable while mowing. Les.